Friday, 17 July 2015

A foray into Burberry Beauty

How many hauls can I post in a 2 week period?! Geez. Anyway, with a single exception I've never tried anything from Burberry Beauty! Crazy, I know. It's not as though I haven't wanted to - it's a brand I've almost purchased so many times, but for some reason have found it difficult to pull the trigger. Until now.

L-R: Pale Barley Eyeshadow, Earthy Blush, Pink Heather Eye Colour Cream, English Rose Lipstick (natural/artificial light)
The first two bits I have wanted for a long time, the third is a new release, and the lipstick was thrown in for good measure. Here is what I picked up:

  • Eye Colour Silk in 102 Pale Barley: The cult favourite eyeshadow. I've never heard a bad thing about this. It reminds me a lot of Mac Patina and others have said as much. But, I just had to try the real deal. It's so often sold out that when I saw it online alongside these other bits I finally went for it.
  • Light Glow Blush in 07 Earthy: Admittedly a bit of a 'blah' shade in the pan. But, this kind of colour works so well to define the cheeks and add a bit of life whilst still being neutral. I'm yet to try it out but I'm thinking this is the less pink Tarte Exposed, and less warm-toned Nars Madly. Score.
  • Eye Colour Cream in 106 Pink Heather: These cream eyeshadows are a brand new release from Burberry, and since reviews of the formula have yet to really reach the web, I decided to stick with one shade. This was not easy - the range is gorgeous! This colour would typically not be my first choice - I always worry about looking bruised or wearing anything that will bring out the purple undertones of my dark circles. But, I just bought a taupe/bronze and a champagne from Charlotte Tilbury, and have a true chocolate-bronze in mind from Marc Jacobs, so I decided to go with this more unique and very Autumn appropriate rosy shade. It's got a bit of pink, purple and bronze in there so I'm hoping it'll make my blue eyes pop.
  • Burberry Kisses Lipstick in 17 English Rose: Lipsticks are always hard to purchase online but I liked the name and sort of figured you can't go wrong. It turns out to be a bit darker than I was hoping - it's almost the exact shade of my natural lips. An ideal 'my lips but better colour', I know I'll get a tonne of wear out of it even if it's less unique than I was hoping. I'm wearing it as I type and the formula is light, glossy and comfortable, so it gets a thumbs up from me!
Update: after playing with and swatching these formulas yesterday I *may* have had a few glasses of wine and used my Boots points online to order another Burberry blush and eyeshadow. Coming soon... #sorrynotsorry

No comments:

Post a Comment